An educational and grammatical editing business for manuscripts
McIntoshLinguistics is a business for manuscripts that provides editing products that aim to meet traditional publishing standards through its own process-method that addresses Syntax & Semantics, Orthography and Readability Elements, or what we like to call The SSORE of Writing & Editing.
What we at McIntoshLinguistics believe
- Understanding that both grammar and the linguistic aspect of English maximize a writer’s ability to influence diction.
- Once you understand the linguistic concepts of grammatical form and grammatical function, and syntactic functions, you can harness these powerful tools for trenchant editing.
- With our process-method, we can help you ensure a highly readable (close reading) and grammatically sound (effective writing) literary manuscript.
What we do
McIntoshLinguistics is an educational and grammatical editing business for manuscripts that uses its own process-method that aims to meet traditional publishing standards. The process-method addresses Syntax & Semantics, Orthography and Readability Elements, or what we like to call The SSORE of Writing & Editing. The business has been created by Garie McIntosh because of his English studies to become a writer.
Over at ThoughtCo. according a definition and discussion of lexical-functional grammar by Mary Dalrymple, “words form phrases, grammatical functions emerge from morphological and phrasal structure, and patterns of phrases evoke a complex meaning.” This overall effect can be especially apparent in the vocabulary, the grammatical structure and the diction of your literary prose. Through our process-method, you can isolate these structures and patterns in your manuscript after the writing process to analyze/review them. This process-method echoes lexical-functional grammar, or psychologically realistic grammar, which, according to Richard Nordquist “provides a framework for examining both morphological structures and syntactic structures.”
Similar to functional grammar, our process-method helps you put together English language patterns (structure/form) and shows you what to do with them (function) so that the communication is clear and/or so that you can achieve a diplomatic, polemic, or trenchant effect.
Our process-method involves:
- Understanding the linguistic concepts of grammatical form and grammatical function
- Using advanced wildcard searches of manuscripts developed in Microsoft (MS) Word
- Adhering to a process-method that addresses syntax and semantics, orthography, and readability elements.
How we do itBusiness | Products
- The LEP Webbook
- MCINTOSHFORMS™ Pedagogical Editing Solutions
- MCINTOSHFORMS™ Elemental Editing Solutions
- About our Editing Practice
- About the Methods of Our Practice
- Educational posts: LEP Posts, The SAP and The SSORE of Writing & Editing
The aim of McIntoshLinguistics is to demonstrate the interrelationship between words and grammar according to the lexical-functional grammar model, whose framework examines both morphological structures and syntactic structures.